The Ruins of Banza Church - Butuan City


"Historic Butuan" - the tag that I see almost everywhere in this City called Butuan.
As a newbie in a certain place, it will really come across to your mind, what could this place offer me? And most certainly, to what particular matter makes Butuan a historic one?
Part of my current job is to travel a lot and I saw this signage saying "TO BANZA CHURCH RUINS" and I asked myself,'Is this one of the stuff that makes it what they are saying it is?'. Then just today, I decided to take my feet there and let my eyes see what this place could be.
The ruin is located near a river bank in Barangay Banza, Butuan City, particularly the Lilo Banza
From Baan, you can take a ride at their multicab and take a stop at the junction between the magsaysay viaduct bridge I and II. On your left you cross over the road and take a ride on a motorcycle and they definitely can take you there.
The ruins' history has been written on a tablet of marble place inside the ruin.

It was said that the church has been destroyed due to war.
Some folks there said that the bell of the church was found just beside the ruin and together with it is a skeleton of a human. Beside the ruin is a giant acacia tree. When you take a closer look you can see that there is a big structure made of concrete and corals which is an evidence that these were made and built during the old Spanish colonization in the Philippines. That huge structure has been engulfed by the giant tree for several years and that structure has a hollow space inside which makes the people think of where could it lead to.
Indeed, with this, the place is really historic and I am looking forward of exploring more this place called Butuan(BXU)

Comments

Popular Posts