THE SHIFT

CHAPTER 1


TRANSFER


Today, I started out my day with packing up my things. It took several months for me to have a full decision of moving to another place since the day that my father died. It was such a very painful event in my life when my dad left me alone all of a sudden. It was on the 6th day of September, year 2008 when i went home and i received a voice message in our phone; Justin Roads; one of dads friend, left a message, saying that dad was found dead inside his car. His autopsy shows that he died due to cardiac arrest.

My mom? well, she was the first one who died. Mom died at the age of 40 due to brain cancer and she also had a diabetes mellitus because of her chronic renal failure . Her death is such a disaster to our lives especially to my dad. He became so depressed that it reached to a point where in he committed suicide. He almost killed himself with a gun. He has anhedonia for couple of months. At that time, I lived with my grandmother because my dad can't take good care of me due to his condition. The whole scenario made me so sad and brought so much pain to me. I could not concentrate at school. I lost my friends. But later as the time passes by i gradually gained what i've lost. i found new friends and even got the highest awards in the school. Now that i am in College, I know i have to explore more, more than what i have right now. there is a very still voice deep in me saying that i must go out of my comfort zones for reasons which i don't know.
My flight to from Seattle, Washington to Huntsville, Alabama was scheduled at 1:00 PM but i went to the airport earlier.

"Well i guess this is," I sigh.
"Kiara?" a guy called me
"oh, Caster, its been a long time since we've seen each other!"i answered in a surprised tone.
"Yeah, where will you go?", Caster asked me politely.
"I'll be moving to Huntsville, Alabama,a place far away from here."
"I've heard what happened to your dad. I am extending my condolence to you and your relatives."
"I have no relatives."i answered in a sad voice while i looked down.
"Oh, I am so sorry about that thing Kiara."
"That's ok, I am used to it."
"By the way, when will be your flight?"
"It will be this 1:00 PM."
"Such a coincidence! We have the same flight. I almost forgot to mention, i'll be going to Huntsville also before i i'll move to Montgomery. I think we still have more time to talk to each other."
"Yeah, good to hear that. What will be your business their?"I asked unintentionally.
"I'll close all m accounts at Huntsville and i will transfer all of it at Montgomery."

Comments

Popular Posts